Burnie Historical Society
The Burnie Historical Society was formed in 1995 to:
- Foster an interest in and gather, record, collate and store the history of the Burnie region and its people.
- Encourage and assist in the identification and preservation of the area's historical buildings, monuments, landmarks and relics.
- Encourage the restoration and preservation of items of historical interest.
- Promote matters of historical interest as an attraction for tourism to the Burnie area.
- Promote and conduct public events, functions and displays as necessary to support these objectives.
The society does not have its own collection and any material which is donated to us is redirected to the museum for posterity.
Are open to the public and are held bi-monthly on the evenings of the 3rd Thursday of January, March, May, July (AGM), September, and November.
Are held on the 3rd Thursday of alternate months.
The Secretary Brian Rollins, Burnie Historical Society Inc.
c/- Burnie Regional Museum, P O Box 973, Burnie, 7320
mobile: 0419 551 250
Please note that a cover charge for meetings is $5 per person and will be necessary to help defray the hire charge of the Burnie Arts & Function Centre. whilst the Government’s COVID-19 social distancing requirements are in place.